Monday, June 10, 2013

Price Matching Target!







So on Saturday as part of Shana's birthday month we visited Target to try and find some shelves or DVD holders.  Striking out there we checked out Board Games, something we all love to do around our house.

Now walking through Home, Electronics, Furniture, and Toys we keep seeing signs saying we match MOST local competitors, some online stores and Target.com.  So I just killing time used my smart pricing app to compare the board game Smart Ass and the first option was Target.com. They had the game at the store for 23.00 dollars and Target.com had it for 16.00 bucks, so just to be sure even though the signs were VERY clear I asked a sales person named Lucus.

No longer true but...


He said at first no, but when I showed him the sign he said oh they brought it back. He was on a leave of absence for about a year.  He had just returned and didn't know, I then asked if they would give me any issues at the check out and he said if they do by some chance guest services would help.

So after all of this we headed to check out with the game and some butter knives as we needed them. There was a sign right there at the Check out line saying the same price match thing, The cashier rang us up and called over a manager, the manager then explained the regular checkout's couldn't do it, only guest services. Why even have these signs up everywhere and at check out if no one can do it? The cashier suspends our order and sends us to wait in yet another line at guest services.


It only has one cashier at first, a second one finally shows up and helps us, we tell her, show her the website. She asks the other person there how to do it, She in turns asks me if I have it called up, I did and showed her. But was that it? NO OF COURSE NOT. She pulls out an Ipad and looks it up herself like I hacked into Target.com and changed it. After we wait for that to come up and it does they finally type in the codes to change the price.

Check it out


Much like the Toys R Us crap I have to wonder where the HELL did customer service go. You took time to post all these signs, I called up your website Target and even then you made it hard and didn't believe me and have to call it up on a separate device. Really? Like my phone is programmed to lie about your OWN website. Overall it was a long pointless waste of my time and makes me want to shop less at Target. I do know EVERY time I go now I will just scan EVERYTHING and go straight to Guest Services(which it is called but it sucks at) and just take money away from the store when I can.

Bad Dog
 

1 comment:

  1. Alas I feel customer service may be as extinct as the dodo...

    ReplyDelete